Friday, March 28, 2008

Simon Pegg confirms potential 'Star Trek' sequels

In news that will turn every Trekker a nice shade of cerulean blue, Simon Pegg confirmed in an interview with MTV Movies Blog that he's signed on for three Star Trek movies.

In fact, the concept of signing on for multiple movies caused him some trepidation at first.
"I thought about it for a bit because you have to commit to a series of films and that puts you in a situation where the studio has some control over what you do. I called up J.J. and I said, 'the idea is amazing but I'm worried.' And he said, รข€˜what's the worst that can happen? We hang out every three years and make a fun film?'"
According to MTV Movies Blog, Pegg signed on for three movies. Of course, any potential sequels would be dependent on their predecessors being a box office hit. Of course, with the streak that director J.J. Abrams is on, I don't think that will be a problem.

No comments: