Friday, December 7, 2007

Snake Eyes in 'G.I. Joe' comes true


Ray Park has been cast as Snake Eyes in 2009's G.I. Joe movie. Park is best known for his role as Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

Park's performance as the barely audible Sith apprentice is the perfect foundation for Snake Eyes. After all, the mysterious G.I. Joe character is a martial arts-trained soldier known for his stealth abilities. Snake Eyes also happens to be a mute.

The Scotland-born Park, himself a world champion martial artist, also played Toad in the first X-Men movie. There is talk he'll star as the martial arts comic book hero Iron Fist in his self-titled movie.

Park becomes the second actor cast for G.I. Joe. We carried the news previously that Sienna Miller would star as Baroness, the evil Cobra's intelligence officer.

No comments: